This is a work in progress to compile as comprehensive as possible a listing numbers and titles of individual G. L. Rose stereographs of Arizona. Each listing will include a brief biographical overview, in addition to the checklist of stereoviews complied to date.
G. L. Rose was a photographer, photofinisher and publisher located at 33 W. Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, California. He produced stereographs of Southern California and the Grand Canyon, c. 1900–1910.
(from Arizona Stereographs 1865-1930 by Jeremy Rowe, 2014)
If you have additional information about photographer G. L. Rose, examples of stereographs that are not on this list, or variant titles for any of the numbers or captions I would appreciate hearing from you. Ideally, I would like to obtain either a Xerox copy or scan for my files as well.
Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
Please feel free to use this information but please credit this source and reproduce only with full credit information.
MOUNT COLOR; Gray
321. Lime Stone Cave, Mooney Falls, Cataract Canyon
331. Mooney Falls, Cataract Canyon
328. Bridal Veil Falls, Cataract Canyon
329. Mooney Falls
368. Indian Cliff Dwelling, Walnut Creek, near Flagstaff
383. West from Mystic Springs, Grand Canyon near Ah Fork
390. Permian Boulder, Grand Canyon near Ruins of Paradise
390. (alt) Ladder Down to Mooney Falls
390. (alt)Indian Cliff Dwellings near Flagstaff, Walnut Canyon near Ruins of
395. Permian Walls
near Casa Diablo, 1300 ft. high, Grand Canyon of the Colorado, Ash Fork, A
396. Men out on Rock
900. Grand Canyon
902. Grand Canyon
906. Grand Canyon
911. Marble Cliffs, Grand Canyon
918. Paradise Park, 1300 ft. below upper wall, Grand Canyon near Ruins of
Paradise, Ash Fork, A & PRR
919. Grand Canyon
938. Harvey Hotel, Ask Fork
- HOME - Comments